- May 22nd, 2013 (0)
- Transmission: Ninja 2NA (0)
- Mercury Falls ~ Vanishing Point (0)
- Activate! May 22 - May 29 (0)
- The Lotus Land Show - Takin’ Care of Business (0)
- dog germs 5/22/13 edition (0)
- POP Goes Richmond’s Favorite Radio Station (podcast available!) (0)
- The Rocking with the Rolling and the uh… rocking again. (0)
- Plunge Into The Depths of Treble With Us (0)
- Wide Ear Folk (0)
- Tuesday (0)
- Another Aural Bender For Your Late-Night Imbibement… (0)
- Zip-a-Dee-Do-Dah (0)
- Feeling like summer in the Crescent City….. (0)
- The Lee Show is crazy about Marbles! (0)
Voices Of RecoveryVoices Of Recovery
Broadcast Thursdays at 1:29 and 2:39 in the afternoon on WRIR 97.3 Richmond, Va.
“Voices of Recovery” is a radio show documenting the struggles and triumphs of individuals with mental illness. Each one minute episode highlights a notable individual who experienced mental illness and found a path to recovery. Recovery from mental illness is the process of moving beyond the limitations the illness may cause, and finding renewed purpose, meaning and satisfaction in life. There remains considerable stigma associated with having a mental illness. This show challenges those stigmas and celebrates individual triumph.
The readers for the show are individuals who have experienced mental illness in their own lives. Their courage, commitment to educating others, and their profound sense of hope are the soul of this show. We are fortunate to be able to give them an opportunity to share their voices with radio listeners.
Daniel Rigsby and David Leon
Posted by Dan S on 8/17/12 at 11:29 am