- Drum & Bass
- Hip Hop
- Local Music
- Native American
- New Wave
- Progressive Rock
Richmond Mergers and Acquisition lawyer, record collector (yes he’s got a serious problem), and occasional raconteur, Otto Konrad (DJottoJD)* hosts a weekly, two hour open format radio show, using field recordings, soundtracks and sonic soundscapes as settings for songs and singers from everywhere, in reaction to and informed by the pop single, but always with an emphasis on the single, where-ever it’s found. Think an unholy melding of Alan Lomax and David Geffen. “Radio with a View” and the “Sound of Surprise” are favorite catch phrases and goals for every show.
All credit to Joe Carducci for coining the phrase “Pop Narcotic.” And Bill Lupoletti for “Over the Edge.”
Joe, if you can get past the occasional Paul Simon track, you still wouldn’t like the show.
*With guest host help from Edge of Americana DJ Josh Bearman.
- Tuesday - 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- New York City Inspired Tracks Mixed with Doses of Sugar Girl Pop Harmonies, and a Touch of Superman: Tonight on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic!
- Fireflies and New Merge Record Singles on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic
- Over The Edge Of POP Goes The World
- Beatles, Blues and a Whole Bunch More on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic
- Over The Edge 5.30.2017
- Restless Radio on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic
- Shaking Off the Dust on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic
- Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic: Second Star To The Right (and straight on 'till morning)
- Jack Johnson to Public Enemy to Steve Reich-It's All Just Six Degrees, on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic
- Erasmos Carlos, Dr. John, John Lennon, Burl Ives, R.E.M., well you get the idea. All on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic.