Hosted by:British Breakfast
“Good Morning Richmond” were the first spoken words to go over the FM airwaves for a music show on WRIR on January 1, 2004 at 9AM. The first song ever played was “Around The Dial” by The Kinks. The show was co-hosted by Jess Cundari Reilly and Gene Pembleton.
We brought a unique blend of UK and UK related music spanning six decades. The show evolved and took on a bit of a different flavor when Jess left and moved to Edinburgh and 16 year old girl wonder DJ Ira Calos replaced her as co-host with Gene Pembleton. This team was independent music’s version of Regis and Kelly on a Saturday morning as the show placed even more emphasis on new UK bands. The show became a carnival of sorts and opposite styles gelled. Ira went on to UCLA.
Mary Claire Whitaker co-hosted for a brief period before becoming one of the most active volunteers for the station. She has since moved to Mexico.
I (Gene Pembleton) am still here while Jess and Ira sit in on occasion to co-host when they’re in town. The format really hasn’t changed but more emphasis was placed on playing new and unsigned UK acts and a deeper catalog of old UK music. The show mixes vinyl and CD’s.
I (Gene) had developed many close relationships with volunteers that have come and gone. I (Gene) am thankful for this opportunity and will continue to bring you the most eclectic yet accessible show every week.
This show has played over a thousand new UK bands since it’s inception. This approach will never change.
- Saturday - 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- LADIES and GENTLEMAN? THE FOLLY with special co host paul ivey
- You can't fool me, it's the British Breakfast
- Be On Your Way. This Is My Territory. Gene Gone Utterly Mad Solo!
- Happy April Fools Day to the Fools and The Foolish
- Princess of the streets - The British Breakfast
- The British Breakfast Shoegaze Show
- Oh My! The British Breakfast
- Carmen and Gene's Ye Olde Toffee Shoppe
- Follow Me! I'll Show You Where It's At
- A Hug and Kiss and Goodbye to UK Indie Label Fortuna Pop!